The fund, service and all other account lists can be sorted alphabetically or in any order.
To move a fund, service or account in a list, open the appropriate list setup:
- Contribution Funds: From the Contribution screen, click on Setup and then Fund List.
- Contribution Services: From the Contribution screen, click on Setup and then Service List.
- Bank/Internal Accounts: From the Checkbook screen, click on Setup and then Bank/Internal Account List.
- Expense Accounts: From the Checkbook screen, click on Setup and then Expense Account List.
- Click and drag an account, fund or service to move it up or down in the list. See the examples below.
On the expense account list, there is a feature not found on the other lists. Un-check the View Expense Accounts box to view only the expense categories and groups. Doing this makes it easier to move a group or category to a new place in the list.
On some lists, it might be beneficial to list accounts in alphabetical order. Just remember that the accounts will appear in the same order when posting transactions. So the first account/fund in the list, will be the first to appear when posting a check or contribution entry. In many cases, it is beneficial to list the most used accounts at the top of the list followed by the lesser used accounts. Or, it could be a combination of both.
In Contributions, for example, there maybe a long fund list. Instead of a purely alphabetical order, we recommend funds like Tithe and Faith Promise be listed first since those are the funds used most often. Then the lesser used funds could be listed in alphabetical order after the heavily used funds.