- From the Payroll screen, click on Setup.
- At the top of the employee list, uncheck the "Hide Inactive Employees" box.
- Find the employee that needs to be reactivated in the employee list and click on the name to select them.
- On the left side of the screen on the Information tab, locate the Active box between the Employee number box and the Social Security Number box. Check this box to make the employee active again.
- Check the Hide Inactive Employee box again. The name should remain in the list after checking this box which indicates the employee is active again.
It is a good practice to go over all the employee's information including tax withholdings to verify that the information is correct and that no changes need to be made before generating a new check.